Friday, October 12, 2007

Divorce & Marriage Ramblings

Friday, the 19th is the 1st anniversary of my divorce...who would have thunk it? I waited so long to get married and it didn't even survive to my 1st anniversary. Do I regret getting married? No, it was a learning experience and I got a lovely wedding out of it with family there that are no longer with us. But do I consider myself divorced? Nope, it was just a little bump in the road of being single.

(as a side note: I do hate having to fill out forms that ask your marital status and having to use the divorced box...am I lying if I check the single box and who's business is it anyway?)

I was reading an article the other day about "starter husbands". It is the one you marry knowing that it probably won't last, but you do it anyway for whatever reason you think you need to...I want to say that I have now had my "starter husband", but I believe it was my starter and my ender. I am not sure I am cut out to be married to anyone.

I have heard that Katharine Hepburn was quoted as saying "I often wonder whether men and women really suit each other, perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then."

Seems reasonable to me...LOL!!!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

How funny! I hope Charles isn't my "starter husband." Of course, I guess he really is but then again, I hope he stays around for quite a while.... He kind of grows on ya! The "starter husband" idea is pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Fungus grows too...