Thursday, August 28, 2008

Selling Plasma

Well, while in search of a new part-time job, I decided to try selling plasma. Let me say it was a most interesting experience!

I went on Wednesday at 5:30pm, having been told on Sunday to come in on Monday and then not being able to get in...it looks like this is a way for MANY people to make a few extra dollars. The staff was kind, I think they felt sorry for me as I had a "deer in the headlights" look about me. So how was my second experience...my first being about 20 years ago when they took the blood out of one arm and returned it in the other...well things have changed...only one arm is necessary. Unless you happen to be me...we didn't get too far into the process when my right arm's vein blew...so the tragedy of that happening is IF you don't get the red cells back in it counts as a donation and you can't do this again for 56 days...oh my! Luckily they were able to pump back into me using the left arm (which I usually avoid because of scar tissue) and despite not getting very much plasma, I was still paid! So all in all, I will try again this weekend...you can donate twice a week. It is amazing that you get paid MORE if you weigh more than 149 pounds...it's what I would like to weigh right now but we'll keep working on losing as I keep selling.

Would I recommend this as a way to make money, probably not...but it works for me right now!

No comments: