Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A First for Me...

Wow, it has been a while since I last blogged!

On August 7th I was fired from my part-time job at Park 'n Jet after 17 years off and on...

I will admit that I wrote a snippy note about "it would be nice if management would do their job so I could do mine". It was over garbage bags...frustration just built up as time and time again I would show up to my shift and something was wrong. The outside lights didn't work, the carwash didn't work, the drivers didn't show up or the next booth person didn't show up on time. I just wanted to come to work and do my job which as I understood it was customer service. I was to make the customer happy that they had parked with us. Some days were easier than others.

Do I think I deserved to be fired over this...no, I don't, but it was their call. Personally if I were the management I would have had a sit-down conversation with me, because obviously something was wrong for me to write the note in the first place and then if need be I would have given a warning that the attitude needed to change and be on probation...but to straight out fire someone...not the right thing to do!

I was also told when I got fired (AT my regular place of employment, no less) that there were drivers that didn't want to work with me. Hmm...if there was a problem with a driver that had come to management's attention, you would think that it would be brought to my attention so that the problem could be resolved. I can guess which drivers didn't want to work with me and I can tell you that I didn't like working with them either (there are two sides to every story). I have never heard so many F-words used in my presence in one night as I had around them and with customers just outside the window. I was embarrassed and hoped the customers couldn't hear what was being said, especially if the drivers weren't tipped.

So I am counting on the fact that when one door closes another one will open. So if anyone know of a great part-time job in customer service, call me!

No comments: