Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family Reunion

I went to a family reunion in a small town called Koosharem (it is near Fish Lake and Richfield). My grandmother was the youngest of 11 (I always believed it was 12, until our family was in charge and was I was set straight).

The reunion is always held the last Saturday of June.

There is not much in Koosharem except a school, a Town Hall, a cafe, a little country store and a five room motel. It is a nice place, about a little over three hours from Salt Lake City.

There seems to be fewer and fewer of the extended family members coming each year as the older ones pass on and the younger ones have other things to do...it will be interesting to see how many more years it will go on...

2 comments:

Dan and Patrice said...

Dan and I were sad to miss the family reunion this year. I will always remember my first time to Koosharem and meeting everyone. Good times!

Jana said...

I agree! I can't the money is ridiculous! I have been "taunted" by a vet for treatment for Baby, making me think she was on her last legs !!! My step sister is a vetranary tec and cam to the house a few weeks ago and was astounded with all that the vet wanted me to do ... she said "Jana" She is fine ... watch her and trust your gut ... you'll know when her quality of life is gone ... she doesn't need dialisis or shots or anything like that and not doing thoes things for her does not make you a "bad" mom. So, baby and I are just taking it day to day :)