Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Eve "Date"

Oh my gosh...my first ever New Year's Eve "date". I put the word date in parenthisis because I'm not sure it can be called a date?

He called me at 4:00 at work to see why I wasn't at home getting ready for the girlfriends that were (I thought) going to come watch videos with me, but those plans had fallen apart (which turned out to be a blessing...thanks ladies). So I asked him what he was doing and he said he might be asking me to a clambake. "And when might he know if he was asking me?"...when he found out what time it started.

I picked him up and drove us to his friend's house. They had soooooo much food...corn on the cob, potatoes, rolls, three sizes of shrimp, crabs, mussels, clams, lobster and prime rib (for some people who were coming that didn't like seafood and then weren't able to come). His friends were wonderful, very fun and accepting!

He decided at 10:50 that there is another party we need to go to in the Avenues, but turns out it got cancelled...so we drove around the same streets about 10 times before we found a place where we could see the valley and watch all the fire works! Then I dropped him off at his house and was home by 12:45.

It was a great evening with a nice guy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! It beat our New year's night...football game and copious amounts of beer till about 11:30pm, and when I got upstairs to the wife (who was knitting/hooking/whatever) for the new year smooch, we missed the witching hour by about 15 seconds.

Jana said...

My new years eve consisted of eating dinner at Villiage INN with my friend and then drpping her off for her date and going home to dosing off in front of the TV at 10:30 and waking up at 2:00am ...whoopee! Yours sounded much more fun!
Jana